Looking Back to the Future
The Bible tells us that “without a vision the people perish,” (Proverbs 29:18). To that end, the Good Shepherd Board has approved the creation of a Strategic Planning Committee.This committee will assist the Board in researching, planning and making recommendations which will allow us to confidently walk not only into the coming months, but the coming years, together.
- Christian Sympathy to Darci & Scott Quamme on the death of her grandmother, Isabel Kurth of Monona, IA, who died on May 15, 2021.
- Christian Sympathy to Julie Johnson on the death of her sister, Ann Van Dyck, of Winona County, MN, who died on May 19, 2021.
- Christian Sympathy to Susan Koller on the death of her brother, Tom Koller, of Columbus, OH, who died on May 25, 2021.
- Christian Sympathy to Beth, Benjamin, Jacob Erdman and Alyssa Erdman on the death of husband/father, Scott Erdman, of Madison, WI who died on May 27, 2021.
- Christian Sympathy to Rob and Jeanine Olson, Caitlin Olson and extended family on the death of their daughter-in-law/sister-in-law, Lori Olson, of Wauwatosa, WI who died on May 27, 2021.
- Benjamin Peter Landis, child of Kristin and Tyler Landis, May 9, 2021.
- Tyler Louis Sweeney, child of Sara and Shawn Sweeney, June 6, 2021.
- Emma Renee Hennick, child of Christine and David Hennick, June 13, 2021.
- Jack Robert Schoeneberg, child of Hallie & Dylan Schoeneberg, June 13, 2021.
- Knox Richard Borgardt, child of Alexandra and Kyle Borgardt, June 27, 2021
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GOOD SHEPHERD
New Online Events Calendar Available at GSLCWI.com/events
Our Media team is excited to announce a new way to find out all the ways to get involved at Good Shepherd. In early June, a new calendar feature was added to our website at gslcwi.com/events that allows anyone to browse upcoming events, search by category and add an event to your own calendar. Have issues/suggestions or questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Director of Media Eric Holmer at 847-809-4457.
Help Serve Home Communion
Good Shepherd is beginning to make safe, in-person visits to members of our church who are homebound. We visit once a month, bringing pre-packaged Holy Communion elements and speaking the communion liturgy with those we visit.
We need a few more home communion servers. Every other month, you would visit two-four individuals from our congregation and serve them communion in their homes. Volunteers need to be fully vaccinated and willing to wear a mask for these visits. Visits are made according to your own schedule.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact Pastor Sheryl at email@example.com
What’s been happening at Good Shepherd this Month?
Below are a few highlights of the ways our ministries are making an impact within our community.
Click on a photo to learn more
Thanking Dane County
Public Health Workers
Rise Up Nights — Good Things Happen When We Gather
Hosting a Rise Up Night for incoming sixth graders seemed like a no-brainer — it would be a chance for new middle schoolers to meet each other and adjust to what middle school ministry is like here at Good Shepherd before heading into Amped Confirmation this fall. In mid-June we gathered in the parking lot with popsicles and games at the ready. In the simplest gathering, God was present and relationships were formed. Two girls made the connection that they had known each other back in the day before school boundaries changed, laughter was created over collaborative nonsensical poetry and one new friend said, "I can't believe we have to wait a few weeks to do this again!" He was reminded afterward that he would be on vacation between then and the next gathering anyway.
When we gather, God is with us, community is built and we create a safe environment to grow in. All incoming sixth-eighth graders are welcome to join us for our fun nights on July 28th and August 25th from 6:30-8 p.m. outside at Verona campus.
SAVE THE DATE
Town Hall Meeting at Madison Campus
Attend this year’s Town Hall Meeting Sunday, July 18 at the Madison Campus and online via Zoom at noon