Watch the Sermon from Conversation Sunday
Questions for Discussion
- Do you think waiting feels difficult? Why or why not?
- What are some of the ways that our surrounding culture tries to speed up or eliminate waiting?
- We view Advent as a season of waiting. Besides Christmas presents, what are we waiting for?
- What do you think about the idea that churches are more about waiting than doing? What are we waiting for God to do?
- What kind of “waiter” are you in your daily life?
- Have you had big experiences of waiting? What did you learn about yourself in that experience?
- Have you ever waited alongside others? What did that feel like – or what did that teach you?
- Who has waited alongside you?
- Where do waiting and your faith collide?
- What are your holy expectations? How do you wait for those? Have you ever tried to force God’s hand?
- What is getting in the way of your wait?
- Where in your body do you feel longing?
Download a Printable PDF Version of these Questions