PUBLISHED WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2023
Announcing Pastor Chris Enstad's Transition from Good Shepherd
Pastor Chris Enstad has accepted a call to a new congregation in Minneapolis. We are grateful for the many years of fruitful ministry we have shared together at Good Shepherd and we wish Pastor Chris and his family well as they embark on this new journey at Bethlehem Lutheran Church. On this page you will find a letter from Pastor Chris, some frequently asked questions and more details about this transition.
Letter to the Congregation from Pastor Chris Enstad
Dear friends and members of Good Shepherd,
Grace and peace to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is with a heart full of mixed emotions that I write to you today. After much prayer, reflection, and discernment, I have accepted a call to Bethlehem Lutheran Church – Twin Cities as their next Senior Pastor. This decision was not made lightly, as serving as your pastor has been one of the greatest joys and privileges of my ministry.
Our time together has been a remarkable journey of faith, growth, and community. We have shared moments of joy, times of sorrow, and countless experiences that have enriched our collective faith. Together, we have witnessed the power of God's love in action as we have practiced welcome, forgiveness and service. I am deeply grateful for the support, encouragement, and trust you have bestowed upon me. Your faith and dedication have been a constant source of inspiration and strength.
We have accomplished much in our 7+ years together:
- Instituted new mission and vision statements.
- Initiated a more intentional shared leadership structure including over 10 new or rebooted committees.
- Developed a staff and board structure that maximizes the amazing gifts and talents of our team. This church is in good hands going forward.
- Adopted a new welcome statement and became a Reconciling in Christ congregation.
- Launched the Holy C.O.W. ministry to bring the Good News way outside the walls of our church.
- Developed a more transparent financial reporting system.
- Reduced our mortgage by more than $3,000,000.
- Produced, adopted, and have begun implementation of a new strategic plan.
- Weathered the Covid-19 Global Health Pandemic and emerged stronger, better connected, and with major upgrades to our technological and digital ministry opportunities.
None of these achievements belong to me but are milestones we reached in prayer, fellowship, and forbearance with and for each other in the name of Jesus Christ.
This next transition will undoubtedly bring more positive changes for Good Shepherd. I am confident that the strong foundation we have built together will continue to support and guide you in the days ahead. The church leadership will be providing more information about the transition process and how we will move forward in faith and unity.
I humbly ask for your prayers during this time of transition for Good Shepherd, my family and the people of Bethlehem – Twin Cities. Carrie, and our daughters Liv and Berit, will be staying in Madison for the rest of the school year. Please keep all of us in your prayers, as we keep you in ours, trusting that God will continue to guide and bless this wonderful church.
I look forward to the remaining time we have together and will cherish each moment. Let us continue to support and love one another, as we have always done, during this time of change.
Pastor Chris Enstad